Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Booting

• Please log in to reply

SeaMonkey

SeaMonkey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a problem. I cant get past the Nvidia boot agent error. PLz someone help.

Advertisements

Tim Wellman

Tim Wellman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
We might be able to help if you can give a bit more information... operating system... cpu and motherboard type? Has the computer ever worked, or is this a newly installed motherboard? How old is the hard drive? Are you using a pre-loaded harddrive with a new motherboard?

The Boot agent, I believe, is just looking for another disk or network to boot from because it can't boot from your harddrive

With nothing to go by, but assuming you're using Win XP, you can start the computer, go directly to the bios setup, and choose the startup disk to be the cd-rom... save and exit, and put your xp cd in the cdrom and then restart the computer... the XP install screen will come up, and you want to choose the 'Repair' option... that will then reconfigure the old XP install to match the new motherboard... again, assuming this is the reason you're getting the error. More info, please :-)

SeaMonkey

SeaMonkey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My bad about no info, i was in a rush. I have a AMD 64bit 3400+, K8N neo Plat board. My hard drive is not even one month old i install the copy of Xp in my present computer. I do not have Cd Roms as my water-cooling takes up all spare space so ya. I can connect an external if it will help. I am on edge about this computer as it is new and yes it worked perfectly for about a month.