Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Log Off Problems

• Please log in to reply

srock_07

srock_07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently reinstalled windows XP Pro with SP1 on my desktop and now when I walk away from the desk or sit and let my computer sit idle for several minutes it automatically logs me off unless the Windows Media player is playing. Can someone help me with this "Logging Off" problem?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it disconnects from the internet, on a web page, click tools, internet options, connections, properties, look for and change, disconnect if idle and use auto disconnect, click apply

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Do you mean that this is happening when your computer starts running the Screen Saver? If this is what's happening, do this...

Open Display Propeties (right-click on an empty space on the desktop and choose Properties)
Select the Screen Saver tab
Uncheck "On Resume, display windows welcome screen"