Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth adaptor not working

• Please log in to reply

supereddi

supereddi

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys.
I just bought a Sitecom CN-500 USB bluetooth adaptor for my pc so I could put mp3s and files onto my Sony Ericsson 700i mobile phone. The installation worked fine and the program appeared to be working when I searched for devices and it found my phone. My phone also found the computer trying to connect it. Once I thought I had both connections established I clicked the "My Bluetooth Places" icon on the desktop only to be greeted by a message saying "Bluetooth device not found. Please verify that your Bluetooth device is properly connected and turned on."

There are three colours associated with the status of the adaptor of which red means disabled, my system tray icon is constantly red and I really have no idea what to do. Any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers,
Ed

Advertisements

supereddi

supereddi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Fixed it thanks guys. I hadn't installed the PC Suite for the phone... oops :tazz: