Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Netgear Wireless Router FM114P Email Alert Problem

• Please log in to reply

cnbh_sj

cnbh_sj

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My FM114P router has a feature which automatically sends email alerts to an email address but somehow it's not working. Following are the steps that I took to receive email alerts:
I selected the" Turn e-mail notification"check box. In the "Outgoing Mail Server box", I typed smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com which is the name of the outgoing SMTP mail server of my ISP (SBC Yahoo). In the "E-mail Address box", I provided the e-mail address where the alerts and logs will be sent.
If anybody knows the solution to this problem please let me know. By the way, my email tool is Microsoft Outlook and I'm using firmware version of Version 1.3 Release 05. Thanks.

Advertisements

kate22in

kate22in

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
That option normally works.If not try resetting the router and then check.If that does not help try to update firmware for the router.