There is currently an email worm in circulation that disguises itself as an eCard. Once the attachment is openened you will see a picture of smiley faces and the worm will be transferred to your Hard Drive.
Subject: Merry Christmas
Message Text: Happy HollyDays
Once infected the worm will attempt to disable Antivirus and firewall software allowing the virus creator to gain access to your Hard Drive.
Removing The W32.Erkez.D@mm/Zafi.D Christmas Card Worm...
You can Download a free removal tool from Symantec by clicking http://www.symantec....moval.tool.html The link.
1. Disable System Restore by clicking START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RESTORE.
2. Click System Restore Settings and tick the box ''Turn off System Restore on all Drives''. Click OK
3. Restart windows if Prompted
4. Once you have downloaded the tool from the site begin scanning your Drives and removing the worm if you are infected ( May take over 10Min + )
5. Restart Windows
6. Repeat Steps 1 & 2 but remove the tick to turn on system Restore!.
Make sure you always have your virus and firewall Protection ON!
Edited by NvidiaDude, 07 December 2005 - 11:38 AM.