Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC slowing down

• Please log in to reply

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Hi , i just wanted to know that why my CPU goes more than 92% when opening the Start Menu , All programs , and even when i right click , it seems to be going slow its a budget pc quite fast occasionally. I done my Antivirus scans with Norton Antivirus 2006 i done Antispyware Scans with Microsoft Antispyware i even done an Adware scan with Ad-Ware SE Professional and i deleted all the Infected. but its still going slow i have around 34 to 37 processes sometimes not sure if thats the problem.. i have never seen it go over 90% when opening the start menu and other programmes accept from Games that load on desktop screen. Why is this happening here is a log please click it

Attached Files

Edited by NvidiaDude, 06 December 2005 - 09:38 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
ok will do :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
not to be snippy...but you've been here long enough to know the process (you are in geekU after all.)

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
i finished the scans

Spybot - 15 problems found
CWShredder - Found Nothing
Trojan Hunter - Found Nothing
Ad-Aware Pro - found nothing
Norton 2006 - found nothing

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dude you are in geek U you know the malware process if you cant check your own HJT log then get someone else to check it for you then come back.
And never trust norton, go get a scan done online.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
k dont cry :tazz: