1. Uninstalling them and reinstalling them, also physically removed them.
2. Buying a new ethernet card.
3. Checked the connection cable with three different cross-over cables.
4. Disabled the onboard Lan, incase of any conflicts.
5. Updating all the drivers.
6. Cleaned the motherboard, getting rid of any dust.
None of these have worked, and the old ethernet card was a realtek 8139. and so was the new one. It comes up with a big red X in the bottom right corner, saying it is unplugged, but in the device manager it says that it is working fine. I am using Windows XP with Service pack 2.
Can someone help me with this.