Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD and CD DRives Disappeared after using Nero

• Please log in to reply

hobbes30

hobbes30

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
OK,
Was burning some cd's, and the fourth one failed to finish burning, giving me an error message. (Stupidly, didn't log the message so can't tell you exactly what the message was).
Came out of Nero, to find both my DVd drive and my cd burner had disappeared.

I've tried restarting, and a system restore, but those haven't worked.

Both drives are quite old (more than 3 years) so could I ahve over-worked both of them at the same time, or is it a Windows problem?

Edited by hobbes30, 06 December 2005 - 01:05 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Could be power supply, could be the drives. Its unlikely, though not unheard of, that both drives decided to go bye bye at the same time. Try another power supply just in case and check all cables.

Do they both appear in Device Manager?

hobbes30

hobbes30

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
They've both disappeared from device manager too.

Have now run all diagnostic tools, virus and malware scans. Nada. So it's deff a drive/Windows prob.