Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Smitfroud-c. Virus

• Please log in to reply

rayzynyc

rayzynyc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.
I was surfing online when my antivirus send a message saying my laptop had been infected, constally a message would pop up saying that my windows was in danger and my personal information could easyly be accessed for ex: e-mail, credit card information. Well I though was a windows message untill i realized that was the virus acting and sending a message where would make me thing and download spyware, but before any decitions i realized everytime i would click on the message that would pop up, would send me to the www.spyeye.com it did checked online and gave a bunch o virus that had been installed to the laptop, i start to run my own spaware "Ad-aware SE personal" i got a feel a whole list of spyware and ad ware, they were removed, than i ran Spybot - Search & Destroy it did find a few more ,but there is one called Smitfroud-c. that can't be removed, it send a message saying that such a file it is still working or in memory, also asking to allow spybot to start once i reboot my pc, but everytime i restart the pc, it still won't delete the virus.
I downloaded and ran Microsoft antiSpyware and ewido anti-virus, both has found adware most of the time i run it.

I have also done a disk clean up, cookies deleted, website address cleaned.

But I can't get to delete the Smitfroud-c.

What else should i be doing to remove this virus, any information will be appriciated.

Thanks
Ray

Attached Files

Edited by rayzynyc, 06 December 2005 - 03:13 PM.

Advertisements