Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NFSMWBE and GUN installation problems

• Please log in to reply

MrTizla

MrTizla

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Im trying to install Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition.

Ill start with GUN, the install goes fine, the diske runs and the game installs on to my machine. But when i launch the game, "GUN.exe encounters a problem and must be closed down. Sorry for the inconvenience, Do you wish to inform microsoft."

Screen shot of the error below:

Posted Image

The same thing happens with Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition. The 4 disks run and install, but when i launch the game, "speed.exe encounters a problem and must close"

I thought it might be my pc, but i installed Quake 4 on the same day and it runs absolutely fine, I've also got CS:S and a few other games on here that all work fine.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thankyou

Liam

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Is that a skin you are running or is it some weird vista beta, post up the error report we cant learn much from a standard dialogue box.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Its not a bit torrent downloaded game is it? Was nfs downloaded bit torrent?

MrTizla

MrTizla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Its Vista Beta i believe.

I have no idea if the game is downloaded. As far as i am aware it is an original, but my friend gave it me so i could be wrong. If you could continue to give me advise for a real copy that would be great, and if i find out it is a downloaded game i will throw it away and not ask for anymore advise.