Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access to DVD Drives

• Please log in to reply

tlyle

tlyle

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz:

In trying to cleanup the vundo worm my system crashed and now I can't access my DVD drives. Some of my software works and some doesn't. My Norton doesn't load so I have not tried getting on the Internet. I have two copies of Windows on the same drive so there is probably some conflict there. I'd like to regain control of this XP system if possible. I await your questions and insight.

Terry

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I know this sounds extreme but i would think about starting all over again. I have a intel 3.0 system which i did not have a AV and i caught a virus off the net. I got the virus cleaned out but it left me with a system that was unstable. I tried doing a restore but there were no restore points after fixing the virus. So i tried a repair install. Now i had 5 different users and some really strange user names. I finally got so tired of messing that i just downloaded the boot floppy setup from microsoft and wiped the drive and reinstalled XP from scratch. To me this was the best thing i could have done. No more problems, everything works as it should and i'm back to a speedy puter i like using now.

Its just something you might want to think about.
I'm glad i did it.

SRX660

tlyle

tlyle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I was about 90% there and just needed that extra push. Thanks!