Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Burn Error

• Please log in to reply

Casey Jones

Casey Jones

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hoping I can find some help here. Let me start by saying I just recently started experimenting with my DVD burner, and nobody I know burns DVD's, so I have no resources to tap into. I'm just learning as I go. Also, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to computer terminology, so go easy on me!

I have had success with burning some short films and TV shows, that I have in my files, onto Sony DVD-R's (4.7 gb/120 mins). I tried burning a couple full length movies I have in my files onto the same, but they don't fit. I was at Best Buy recently & saw Dynex double layer DVD+R's (8.5 gb/240 mins) and thought that's probably what I need to fit a movie onto. I have a few movies I've tried to burn, but at some point in the process the disc gets ejected & I get an error on the screen that says "Could not complete the last command because: Device error - Sense code(5 26 00) - Invalid field in parameter list - General (OSErr, 337408). I'm pretty sure I got the same error message each time, but I only wrote it down the last time.

If it matters....I have a Dell Dimension 3000 with Windows XP & I'm using "Sonic Record Now" to do the burning. I'm 99% sure my burner has double layer capability.

Anyway, I have no idea what that error means or what I'm doing wrong. If anyone knows what's going on, or has some suggestions, I'd really appreciate hearing back.

:tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Just before you click burn, does it have record settings with the option to determine the write speed, or can you try burning at a much slower speed

Casey Jones

Casey Jones

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It does have that option, but if I remember correctly, when I use a double layer DVD it defaults to "auto". I'll have to check to see if I can change that when I get home tonight. If I can, you would recommend slowing it down? Do you have any suggestions if I can't change the speed?

Thanks alot.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hopefully reducing the speed will help

Nero has a determine write speed option

Casey Jones

Casey Jones

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay.....thanks again. If I can't change the speed, I'll look into Nero.

I appreciate you help! :tazz: