Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multimedia Audio Controller error

• Please log in to reply

LLTean

LLTean

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hello! I seem to be having trouble getting sound from my speakers. The computer recently crashed, and I was able to recover most if not all of my data, however since the recovery my speakers are not working. In the Device Manager under Other Devices both Ethernet Controller and Multimedia Controller are marked in yellow. All other drivers/controllers under the Sound, video and Game Controllers are all showing as running properly.

If it helps, I have also run an update with Gateway drivers. It shows that the audio driver is not installed, but evertime I tell it to update and install, after reboot, it still comes up as not installed. At this point I'm becoming very frustrated because I consider myself quite computer savy, yet I can't seem to fix the computer audio.. its driving me crazy! Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Kristine

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi LLTean!

Please download EVEREST HOME EDITION, using the link in my signature. Once downloaded, install it, run it and do a full SYSTEM SCAN. Save the report it creates as a htm document and then add that htm file as an ATTACHMENT to your next reply and I'll help you find drivers for your network card and sound card.

Fenor

LLTean

LLTean

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Ok, all done, here is the attachment:

Thanks,
Kristine

Edited by LLTean, 06 December 2005 - 09:53 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
The file isn't attached...

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please add the file as an ATTACHMENT please, and modify your previous post to cut out the Everest Log.

Thanks,

Fenor

LLTean

LLTean

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
sorry, it said it was too large, so i copied and pasted it.. i tried saving it as a HTM file, but it says it already was HTM.. any suggestions? .. the edited post with the copy/paste is above..

Kristine

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
It should easily fit, it's only around 750 or so KB. which is within your posting limit.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
As a final resort, paste it into Notepad and then save it as a TXT file and then zip the file and attach that.

Fenor

LLTean

LLTean

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
ok lemmie try again..

:tazz:

it keeps giving me this message: "The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments."

anything i can edit from it to make it smaller?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I only need the top half of the report, so anywhere in the middle you can just select everything from that point to the end and delete it. Then upload the htm file.

Fenor

Advertisements

LLTean

LLTean

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Grr, im sorry, it says it only 220KB.. why wont it attack.. even when i half it..

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Okay, just paste the log again in here, then remove it in 5 minutes after it's up. I'll have copy and pasted it into notepad on my side and wont need it on here anymore.

Fenor

LLTean

LLTean

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Edited out

Edited by LLTean, 06 December 2005 - 10:14 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Okay, got it. You can remove it now.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts