Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LAN problem

• Please log in to reply

Tiyok

Tiyok

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have 3 PC running WinXP; i connect them using hub. but there's a problem, in 1 PC its local security setting have been changed so that it cant be accessed from the other 2 pc. It can access the other pc but the other can not access it. the error message said that:
"it's not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the admin of this server to find out if you have access permission. access denied."

In the firewall setting, all checkbox is disabled and it said that network activity is arranged by group policy.
How can we restore the group policy value to a default setting?

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
I would try to disable firewall first. this link may help,

Access issues
"computername is not accessible. No permission to access the resources" Case Study ·
Troubleshooting "No accessible" ... is not accessible ...
http://www.chicagote...ccesserrors.htm

Tiyok

Tiyok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i somehow fix the problems. Thank you for replying my topic.