Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WANT 2 store 2 tag values to database w/out lots $$$

• Please log in to reply

russrmartin

russrmartin

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi guys. I have a small process in which we want to start collecting data in the form of 2 tags and storing them to a database. Eventually this will be duplicated to a few other machines, but even when everything is up to snuff the total collected tags will probably be less than 10. We have a computer in the area we want to use as a process computer, but because of the size of the project, I'd like to get away with something cheap and small, rather than buying a whole license for FIX or some other similar program. All I really need to do is have a background script running all the time which will grab the 2 tag values once every hour and store them to a database. The tags are available as I will be getting them from a Panelview Plus terminal running RSView. The panelviews do not have much for background scripting capabilities though. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced software package or anything that could be installed on this process computer that I can program to grab the tags from the PV+ and store them to a database? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Russ

Advertisements