Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help, my laptop keeps dying

• Please log in to reply

sajolley

sajolley

• Pip
  • 5 posts
could some one please help me my Compaq Presario 700 Series laptop keep shutting down and im not sure what to do with it
:tazz:

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
sajolley, it will help our Tech Staff be able to give you good advice if you can describe your problem a little more. For instance, what exactly happens? Are you doing anything in particular on the laptop when the crashing occurs, etc? Any information you can give will be a great help. :tazz:

sajolley

sajolley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I turn it on its pluged in to the wall sometimes it will crash when its loading to the log in screen and sometimes it will let me log in and be on line or whatever im not doing anything in particular for 5 to 30 mins then it just dies

Edited by sajolley, 07 December 2005 - 05:57 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello sajolley...

Download Speed Fan (Click on the SpeedFan 4.27 link in the second paragraph), install it, and run it to monitor voltages and temperatures. I am particularly interested in the temperatures.

wannabe1