Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor shutting down during user switching

• Please log in to reply

CravenMorehead

CravenMorehead

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just installed windows xp pro SP2 on an old 366 Mhz pavilion I had sitting around....The system is running incredibly good, in fact better than I could imagine it was going to....Just one problem that I have never encountered before; Every time I switch between user names the monitor shuts down or goes to standby and then comes back up......Anyone else encounter this problem before???? Any Suggestions??? I know that I am asking a lot of this small machine but I am very very satisfied with the 366 MHZ , 128 MB pc100 RAM machine's performance so far.....Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions... Have a great day!

CravenMorehead
A True Noob

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
XP is very Ram and CPU intensive. This may be the best you can expect from a machine configured like yours. I guess as long as your monitor never stays off, it shouldn't be a problem. Time for an upgrade, unless this is just a toy! :tazz:

Edited by makai, 07 December 2005 - 07:56 AM.