Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of duty 2: DirectX 9 unrecoverable error...HELP!

• Please log in to reply

cenp

cenp

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, i read all the previous Call of Duty 2 topics on this forum and nothing was helpful, so this is my problem, I installed the game and i tried to play it but when the level was loading i got this error "DirectX 9 unrecoverable error...HELP! " check de DX9 faqs, so i read the DX Faqs, re-installed the DX9c, forceware 81.95, the whole game, and nothing seem to work.. so if u guys could help me a lil bit please...

my system specs:
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San diego
1 gb (512x2) OCZ Gold Rev. 2 Pc-3700
eVGA Geforce 6800GT PCI-X

Edited by cenp, 07 December 2005 - 08:07 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok at this point you need to have the windows xp cd. let me know ifyou have it and I can walk you through the process of repairing your system. you will also need the cd key.

thanks,
Starjax

cenp

cenp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok i have it, and the cd key also. thanx

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
boot from the cd (make sure its not like a dell recovery cd. if it is it will wipe your computer).
don't choose the repair option. go through like you are going to install windows. It will eventually check for existing installs and prompt you about repairing. it will then go through the process of the install/repair. this is what we call overlaying the operating system.

once it completes you will need to reapply the service pack and all criticall patches from windows update.

you could also boot from the xp cd. choose the first repair option. then run sfc /scanow. this will perform a system file check and replace unrecognized version. Most techs here recomends sfc option, however I prefer the first option. either way you still have to reapply the service pack and critical patches.

cenp

cenp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok thanks, i'll try what u said, thx alot.