Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Gaim not connecting

• Please log in to reply

Betta

Betta

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi.

My problem is with Gaim (the latest version) and it not being able to connect to the MSN protocol while Norton is enabled. Of course, it works fine when I turn norton off, but it will not connect with it on. Gaim has "full" internet access according to NIS, however, this is not the case. I'm wondering if this is something to do with Gaim itself and will be resolved with 2.0, but if there is a current fix for it now, then I'd like to know, I'm tired of having to use MSN and it's super bloated interface.

Thanks,
-Betta

Advertisements

cyrixware

cyrixware

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi... sir how do i compile gaim 1.5.0 in windows Xp... (i want to see the codes).. tnx--
Frederick

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I believe gaim still has a few issues to work out in windows. in linux it works perfectly for some reason. I'd just keep an eye on the site, they seem to release updates fairly regularly and read through the known issues section.

and cyrixware, everything you need to know about gaim is already outlined in their docs on their site.

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

cyrixware

cyrixware

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi i downloaded this 3..
gaim-1.5.0.exe
gaim-1.5.0-no-gtk.exe
gaim-1.5.0-debug.exe

source:http://gaim.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

but anybody could help me if i can change the form of the gaim?... (i want to see the codes) coz i want to merge this to my project.... tnx more power..............................