Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply

BOEK

BOEK

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: Everytime I open Outlook I receive the following message:
"The add-in "C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee VirusScan\HawkEx.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the help menu. Unable to load "(same message)" You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file."

The Detect and Repair doesn't help and I have sufficient system resource. It appears that I may be missing a /dll. Can any one help here. This is more of a irritant than cause any problems as when I click okay I can still open Outlook.

Thanks,

Boek

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is a problem with McAfee. Uninstall your McAfee virus scanner and then reinstall it. Should sort that one out.