Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hey Guys

• Please log in to reply

Jared

Jared

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Well I built my first new system thinking that would help with all the problems the Hp I had, had...Anyway The network cable keeps saying its unplugged and well Its not it kickes me offline for a couple of minutes and then comes back on. I tryed everything I used the labtop I have to test the wire and I get the same problem just not as bad I get kicked off for 2 minutes on the labtop but get back on and it stays on Fo a couple of Hours now can it be the Motherboard that i got? http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813157081 or is it the wire should I go out and buy a new wire just to be safe or is there something I can do without spending money :) Thanks for the help in advance :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Jared!

From the looks of it, it seems that your network cable might be on the fritz, since you are having the same problem on both your new system and your laptop. I suggest you get a new cable, they are cheap (around $10-$20 depending on the length you need).

Fenor

Jared

Jared

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks, I pulled out the Cable and check it using my fingers and found some cuts in it so that means the cable might have so interal problems if those cuts went through Thanks alot :tazz: