Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton 2005 disappearing zip files

• Please log in to reply

dale147

dale147

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when I unzip a folder with software setup files, every file appears in the extracted file folder except the setup.exe file. The zipped file was originally e-mailed to me. I can see the file in the zipped folder, but not in the extracted folder.Where did it go and how do I stop Norton from blocking it so I can use it to install the program? I have an HP laptop with XP and Norton 2005. I get a message from Norton that files have been blocked. But I can't see it to unblock it. Help!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try moving the set up file, or copying it to the extracted folder which has the rest

If you are installing, you could disable Norton, though enable it before you go online