Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

usernames

• Please log in to reply

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
yeah,you could call this a flame but I'd like to know why people pick certain usernames.If you know what is meant by being referred to as Harry May and can form any understandings of my opposition to the rules and reg.s that gov. and religion shove down our throat,are many of yhour usernames sarcastic , or some form of a belief of who you'd liked others to think of you?Harry Mays' the guvnor every working m an loves to hate.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Nope mine just a part of my last name and a nickname I've had since highschool, not very interesting at all

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
Mines a name i mageup when i was in grade school for a short story and it stayed with me. I used ti for my first e-mail address wich i still have nd I also used it for a D&D character it's jsut a name i made-up that I like.

Edit: I missunderstood the first post.

Edited by Magosis, 08 December 2005 - 01:39 AM.

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
My ~Dr. Gutstein~ is directly from my heart and my mind.
When i loged in i imagined it right there.

~Dr. Gutstein~

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Mines is my online gaming alias, warrior because i am a warrior at heart, and scot because im scottish and my name is also scott so i have the whole double anlge there.

If you play CSS you may see me about as [IV:XX] WarriorScot, sometimes with pwner of noobs after it. I use to go by Tank on forums but i changed it used to be my nickname from cadets(call sign really since im an Air cadet) but there are alot of tanks out there, so i go with the more unique WarriorScot.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
<----self explanitory name...my standard nick of choice tends to be crapflinger....but...couldn't really justify using that here...

but...sure..some people's nicks are sarcastic...or...something like that...

duswalk

duswalk

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Mine is the first 3 letters of my first name and the first four letters of my last name..

Dustin Walker = duswalk

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

yeah,you could call this a flame but I'd like to know why people pick certain usernames.

It really is just a personal preference. Mine is just something I used to say when people asked why I memorized pi.

are many of yhour usernames sarcastic , or some form of a belief of who you'd liked others to think of you?

I've seen some sarcastic ones, but most are just something the user created to describe him/herself, or a nickname.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,575 posts
admin, short for my full name administrator :tazz:

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Trevuren = mispelled name of the breed of my dog

Advertisements

Cloutz

Cloutz

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
Cloutz=nickname...comes from my last name but everyone calls me that :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Coachwife6 - that's what I am and there are six people in my family. :tazz:

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Mine is simply... Yes I am Manu... often confused with Yes I am man, u?
It's... a way of identifying me? I forgot why I chose this nickname because I've had it for over 3 years.

Brandon9333

Brandon9333

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Mine is my first name then some random numbers...

Enzeru Rocker

Enzeru Rocker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Well, I know its been awhile since I've been here, but I need to catch-up on some post.

Anywho, my user alias, "Enzeru Rocker" means "Angel Rocker", Enzeru is the English form of the Japanese word for Angel. However, it's romanjii, but I'll have to ask my Japanese friend about it more to explain it better.