Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is a .sbc file - anyone know?

• Please log in to reply

The Dwarf

The Dwarf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I have been sent an attachment .sbc from someone in France who thinks is may be audio and wants to convert it to a .wav . Roxio Jam doesn't recognise it, neither does ProTools, or iTunes. Anyone have any ideas please? tks the dwarf

Advertisements

Tim Wellman

Tim Wellman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I believe the sbc codec is used with bluetooth wireless connections on iPods... so, it could be an audio file... but how to convert it, I don't know... I checked my Sound forge 6 and Cool Edit Pro 2, neither list that as a file they recognize

There is also an sbc that's connected to divx video

one final note, there's a compression program that makes sbc files, sort of like zip files
http://www.geocities.com/sbcarchiver/
on the off chance that that's what you have

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This format is a variable rate compressed audio format averaging 18 kbs used by the VPIM implementations on several voice messaging products of the Octel Messaging Division of Lucent Technologies. The data is a binary format with no header or trailer. The compression algorithm is a proprietary speech compression algorithm developed by the Octel Messaging Division of Lucent Technologies.

That's one definition. :tazz: ;)

Ron

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Pip
  • 1 posts
*.sbc is a compressed archive, see:

http://mark0.net/soft-trid-e.html

developer of TriD, which has a listing of over 1510 file extension definitions.

Excellent program for messages like:

Windows cannot open file... :tazz: