Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

make saved images smaller when emailed

• Please log in to reply

kayona

kayona

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thanks for the help with the paperport, all is back to normal. Now another question. These scanned images of the cross stitches are small when I see them on the screen, most are 3-4 inches across, the items themselves are 3-4 inches. When I send them to someone in an email they tell me the images are HUGE. they describe them as "in your face". They have to scroll across and up and down to see them. I have scanned them from the scanner to the paperport, saved them in my documents as jpg files. How can I send the image to them so it is small, the way I see it on my end? My goal is to try and sell these on ebay and I'm afraid I will be sending a giant picture to them also. I tried a compressed file, apparently not the way to go, it was larger than before. Is there a way to see what I am sending someone exactly so that I can see the size? Any suggestions. Remember not too technical. Thanks for all your help. Dont know what I would do without you, :tazz: , thanks Kayona

Advertisements

Tim Wellman

Tim Wellman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
you need a program that will allow you to reduce the size (usually, you want to think in pixels, not inches, since inches can be arbitrary, depending on what resolution an image is scanned at).

I would suggest downloading the program called Irfanview
http://irfanview.com/
it has, for many years, been the very best image viewer and editor available as freeware. with that, you can load the image, and click on Image, then Resize... and make the image around 700 pixels wide, and set the dpi to 72 (monitors resolve images at 72 dpi... any higher... such as scanning at 300dpi, is lost when viewed on screen and are only useful for printing the image). when you save as a jpg, set the Save quality to 85... and your images should be under 100k in size, and easily seen on screen

But actually, any image viewer you use, if you save it as 'pixels' wide, not 'inches', should reduce the size for you, if you've reduced the dpi to 72