Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicktime + iTunes

• Please log in to reply

R3AL1Z3

R3AL1Z3

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
everytime i go to watch a quicktime format movie, i get an error message, and of course, i can play iTunes cuz it needs quicktime and i tried uninstalling Quicktime, but it wouldnt let me, and it didnt show the normal quicktime icon in the add/Remove menu, it showed like the unpacking icon from when you download the program for the first time and are about to install it, i also tried deleting itunes and then trying again to delete it, but still to no avail. any answers?

Advertisements

Jared

Jared

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Did you Try to Reinstall it? Like go and download Itunes with Quicktime again. Hope that helps some

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
because they apple has dumped so much cash into the ipod..and subsequently itunes...they have integrated it into quicktime...and vice versa...if you notice..when you go to download quicktime form the applewebsite....you're downloading a file called itunessetup (or something to that effect)....you basically cannot interfere with one without it hurting the other....if you can get itunes to uninstall...then try to reinstall it...i'm not 100% familiar with the program (because i refuse to use it unless i have to)...but there may be a repair option for it in add/remove programs....if it gives you a "change" button..try that...there may be a repair option there

R3AL1Z3

R3AL1Z3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
yes, ive uninstalled iTunes and tried reinstalling it, but becuase quicktime is heavily integrated into iTunes it will install quicktime again, and upon doing so, i get the error. becuase i cannot delete quicktime, im without iTunes. is there something wrong with the quicktime file that makes me unable to delete it?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Have you tried installing an older version of QT?

You can get an older Quicktime at Oldversion.com

You might try installing version 6.4 and then if it takes, install Itunes right after that. I run itunes and I am certain that during the install, it just installed the newer version of QT right over the old version.

Worth a try!