Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Printer prob

• Please log in to reply

angelblade27

angelblade27

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
i can't my printer to print. when it prints it just prints some numbers on top of the same line over and over again. when i had installed the driver it said it can't communicate with the printer. i tried using the printer at another person's home and it worked fine here. i suspect it has something to do with my parallel port. can i use a parallel port to usb converter? any other remedies?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Does the printer have a USB connector? Try using that.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Angelblade27 Printer Problem
8th Dec-2005

Please Post following info:

1- Printer Manufacturer
2- Printer Model Number
3- Printer Interface
4- PC Type – [Laptop] – [Desktop]
5- PC Manufacturer
6- PC Model Number
7- PC Operating System + [Service Pack] Installed
8- How long has Printer been Installed [in relation to problem]
9- Can you print a [Test Page] from Printer [Local Controls] – Same Problem exists

If you suspect your [Parallel Port] is bad – You can add a PCI Parallel Port Expansion Card –

Sounds as if [Line Feed] is messed up – This could be in the Printer itself – or [Parallel Port] – Cable – Corrupted Driver Command – or Wrong Margin / Paper Size setup – Paper Jam

Do you have a [Printer Manual] – Refer to [Printer Trouble] Section – May be covered there –

Post back answers to questions –

Jack123