Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wired Networking 2 PC's

• Please log in to reply

meph

meph

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I have this probem similar to one posted below me on witred pcs.

I have a desktop PC, I am trying to connetc/use and share both PCs at the same time and my brother use two PC's. I want to share the connection we have a Linksys Router by which both are connected with ethernet cables. t The ethernet cablea are connected to a Linksys ADSL Router----> DSL Modem to--> the phone you get the picture. And I'd like to share the connection via the router so we could both use the DSL connection at the same time as we now (never have) ccould be able to share/be online at the same time. We're both running on XP SP2, and the NIC I'm not sure how you find this I think it's the Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast? The configuration I'm using right now is Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet PPPoE on my PC WAN Miniport and I think he has the same.

His PC is a Compaq and I'm running on an eMachines.

I don't know what you mean by CS's? But I'll find out if youtell we what it is.. Don't know how to configure a Network or setup a Workgroup etwork so that we can both share the Internet Broadband connections at the same time.

this has been really annoying to me as well if someone could give me some information as to how to sort this out then i will be grategul

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you both have Windows XP the linksys router should easily see both puters. They both have to have the same workgroup name. Heres the linksys support page.

http://linksys.custh...li=&p_topview=1

SRX660

meph

meph

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
k thank you mate, ill check it out and get back to you as soon as possible