Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blocking offensive emails from individuals

• Please log in to reply

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

• Pip
  • 7 posts

My provider is COMCAST I have panda but it does not block dirty stuff and as well as the comcast "Mark as Spam" button does not work. Ive also done the confirm spam it. These email keep getting into my email box. I just hung up the phone to get comcast to block the individuals email and they told me to come here. This is the dudes email.. Removed Email Address My email is connected to my bf's email it does not help that this is embarrassing to my bf to get these. Of course Im sure when he is alone he likes to look but when im at my comp and he is at his he is to embarrased to gloat. Off course I have tried to help him with the hang up of the dirty stuff in my presence by surfing dirty stuff a time or two with him here but he acted like he wanted to put his hands over his eyes and peep through his fingers... :tazz: :) So if anyone can help me it would be greatfully appreciated.. I heard that i should be able to block an IP address from mine but not sure how to do it.. I gotta run to the stor and id be back in a bit.. thanks

[b]

Edited by ScHwErV, 08 December 2005 - 02:02 PM.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Although I do not have the answer you seek, I cannot have you posting someones email address on a public board like this, so I removed it.

ScHwErV :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a look at Mailwasher Free which will operate one e-mail account (paid versions do many)

You set it to check your mail and then you can bounce from any adress(s) and any further ones from the same address are automatically added to a blacklist, you can add them manually as well

When they arrive they will be automatically ticked as blacklisted so when you proess the mail only the ones you want are sent to your mail programme

http://www.pcworld.c...id,20000,00.asp

There are a number of other tools for dealing with junk on the same page

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I usually avoid the program by using one of the email services from Microsoft or google (hotmail/msn and gmail respectivley) both have good and functional spam filters, the MS one is so strict it even blocks the spam sent from MS lol, and the gmail just blocks the spam before it even gets to my account.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Fair enough but I don't see why anyone should have to get a new e-mail account because of someone else's inconsiderate behaviour

I was more concerned with protecting the integrity of an existing account

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah, im lazy i suppose its easier to get a new one alot of the time, if one of my accounts gets targetted i move to another, hasnt happened to me in a while mind you, i learned the hard way to be careful with giving out my email.

Everyone gets the occasional dirty email, i wouldnt bother about him looking, he probably has some better pictures on his hard drive or in that box under in the bed.

Edited by warriorscot, 08 December 2005 - 02:40 PM.

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi im back thanks for the suggestion I have had my email for a very long time and would like to keep it.. as well as he would even though he is misrepresenting Plano...And your probably correct about the stuff under the bed and on the hard drive. So let me make this sure its called Mailwasher Free. I will try and find it and give it ago with hopes it will work.. The chain letters are terrible too these days..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Chain letters are a pain, and they usually come from freinds i dont want to block. I usually just send an email back saying not to send anymore, if they send me another again after i told them not to i will block them.

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok I went and got the MailWasher Free v2.0.40 I went to set it up I have the main IP the routers ip and the gateway ip I used those to set it up and then it wanted me to get a new email through hotmail, msn, and outlook thiers one more i cant remember but never really wanted to use. Mainely it wanted to use a pop3 mail account but the email provider was not on the list to use... just the ones listed above.. Darn not sure what to do.. :tazz:

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry my spellin is trashed......

Advertisements

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yeah its one of those friends that Im trying to block.. Ive asked not to be in the middle of that awfull list of names he uses to send the offensive emails out to... But either he is too lazy to edit his list or is just going to ignore the idea that i dont want them... :tazz:

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
My email is the primary email for the two of our emails that are coming into my house.. My email has all the controlls and filters but since his is under mine his has the same filters but this also mean the the offensive emails this dude sends to either email address means I get it too.. This is frrustrating comcast said even though I give them the email I want blocked they cant block it.. Also because its a mindspring email means its a earthlink provider.... I used to date the guy who owned earthlink right now if I still had his number hmm maybe he still has his old email.. naw I wont bother him Im a big girl now and want to solve this myself.. :) Im just hoping I can get help here though.... :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hello

Sorry for the confusion, it didn't occur to me that two companies would name a product the same, and then get away with it

This is the version you need, download it then post back and we can run through it, it does have automatic set up which will choose all the accounts on the PC, you will need to untick every one but the problem one

http://www.download....j=uo&tag=button

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

~~PRINCESSSLANA~~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
OK ill give it ago. thanks.

korashwini

korashwini

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi all plz sort out my problem