Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spy Axe Infection [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

monoxide164

monoxide164

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi. I have bad problems on my pc right now. I am getting balloons off of my tray with flashing icons warning me about spyware, but it is infested with spyware. A desktop icon for 'spyaxe' is being created.

My HiJackThis Log File:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:57:33 PM, on 12/8/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_A10IC2.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1132176955\ee\aolsoftware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mssearchnet.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Tom's Files\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.aimtoday.com/
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus C80 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_A10IC2.EXE /P23 "EPSON Stylus C80 Series" /O5 "LPT1:" /M "Stylus C80"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Launch\AOLLaunch.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1131729840075
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

Ewido Security Suite Log:

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 4:56:46 PM, 12/8/2005
+ Report-Checksum: D122C138

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objecta\{724510c3-f3c8-4fb7-879a-d99f29008a2f} -> Hijacker.SpyAxe : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-1645522239-1614895754-725345543-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{724510C3-F3C8-4FB7-879A-D99F29008A2F} -> Hijacker.SpyAxe : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Tom's Files\hijackthis\backups\backup-20051208-023707-831.dll -> Hijacker.SpyAxe : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvctrl.exe -> Hijacker.SpyAxe : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

Help?

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go:tazz:

You may wish to print out a copy of these instructions to follow while you complete this procedure.

Download smitRem.exe and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.

Download SpyAxeFix.exe © noahdfear, and save it to your desktop.
  • Close all other programs and windows.
  • Double click SpyAxeFix.exe, then click Start to extract the tool to it's own folder.
Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Open the smitRem folder, then double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.

Spyaxe
  • Open the SpyAxeFix folder and double click the SpyAxeFix.bat to start the tool.
  • At one point when the tool runs, your taskbar will dissappear, and your computer will restart when the tool completes.
  • A text file named spyaxe.txt will be created in the SpyAxeFix folder.
  • Post the contents of that log please.Also post the Smitfiles.txt log and a new Hijack log
Reboot and post the logs requested

monoxide164

monoxide164

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks so much for your quick reply, I really do appreciate it. :tazz:

The spyaxe.txt log:

SpyAxeFix © by noahdfear

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
The current date is: Thu 12/08/2005
The current time is: 18:41:35.78

Command Line Process Viewer/Killer/Suspender for Windows NT/2000/XP V2.03
Copyright© 2002-2003 [email protected]
Killing PID 1500 'explorer.exe'

Error, Cannot find a process with an image name of rundll32.exe

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"
"{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"

The smitfiles.txt log:

smitRem © log file
version 2.8

by noahdfear

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
The current date is: Thu 12/08/2005
The current time is: 18:38:31.87

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

checking for ShudderLTD key

ShudderLTD key not present!

checking for PSGuard.com key

PSGuard.com key not present!

spyaxe uninstaller NOT present

Existing Pre-run Files

~~~ Program Files ~~~

Security Toolbar

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

Security Troubleshooting.url

~~~ Favorites ~~~

Antivirus Test Online.url

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

msvol.tlb
ld****.tmp
mssearchnet.exe
ncompat.tlb
mscornet.exe

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

ts.ico
ot.ico

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~ Miscellaneous Files/folders ~~~

Killing PID 728 'explorer.exe'
Killing PID 728 'explorer.exe'

Starting registry repairs

Deleting files

Remaining Post-run Files

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~ Miscellaneous Files/folders ~~~

~~~ Wininet.dll ~~~

CLEAN! :)

HiJackThis Log:

Scan saved at 6:48:06 PM, on 12/8/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Tom's Files\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.aimtoday.com/
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus C80 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_A10IC2.EXE /P23 "EPSON Stylus C80 Series" /O5 "LPT1:" /M "Stylus C80"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Launch\AOLLaunch.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1131729840075
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
OK. Great :tazz: Just need to do the final clean up.

Please run this online virus scan:
Panda Active Scan You need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.
  • Once you get to the Panda site, scroll down a bit and click on Scan your PC
  • A new window will appear; click on Check Now!
  • A new window will appear; fill in the boxes (Country, State, email addy)
  • Click on Scan Now! >
    If you have never used ActiveScan before, you will be prompted to install an ActiveX control (asinst.cab) : click on Install. Panda will install the component, and then install the latest signature files.
  • From "Select a device to scan...", choose "My Computer"
  • Allow the scan to run. It'll take a while.
  • When complete, click on "See Report", and then on "Save report"; save it to a convenient location.
  • I will need you to post that report in your next reply; simply open the text file, then copy/paste the content here. Also post a new Hijack log

If you have trouble with the above scan try this one

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:[list]
  • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
  • Scan Options:
Scan Archives
Scan Mail Bases

[*]Click OK
[*]Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
[*]This will program will start and scan your system.
[*]The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
[*]Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  • Now click on the Save as Text button:
[*]Save the file to your desktop.
[*]Copy and paste that information in your next post.

monoxide164

monoxide164

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks...it is still scanning, but I was wondering: is it possible to maximize or at least re-size that window? I see about half of what I should see, making for poor browsing conditions...

In my next post I will be sure to have both logs, as long as I can some how get that window resized...

Thanks again, I appreciate it!

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
You only need to run one of those scans (not sure if you understood that)

Are you running the Panda Scan?

monoxide164

monoxide164

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yes, and it is a very small window. The scan just finished and I do not see "see report" because the window is too small, and it does not let me resize, or maximize it.

EDIT: The window exited automatically, and can no longer get the report regardless of the window size. Should I try the other scan?

Edited by monoxide164, 08 December 2005 - 07:01 PM.

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
That was awfully quick for that scan :tazz: . Did it find anything or did the window close too quick?

I would try the other to be safe

monoxide164

monoxide164

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Online Scan "Kaspersky"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ON-LINE SCANNER REPORT
Thursday, December 08, 2005 20:41:08
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky On-line Scanner version: 5.0.67.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 9/12/2005
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 164024
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 24970
Number of viruses found: 4
Number of infected objects: 19
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 1303 sec

Infected Object Name - Virus Name
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\17107AC7.htm Infected: Exploit.HTML.Mht
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\18BF20ED.htm Infected: Exploit.HTML.Mht
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\323B2B4E.dll Infected: not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.Spax.a
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP48\A0010334.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP48\A0010353.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP48\A0011353.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP48\A0011362.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP48\A0012362.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP48\A0012371.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP48\A0012516.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP48\A0012540.dll Infected: not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.Spax.a
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP48\A0012541.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP48\A0012547.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP49\A0012611.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP49\A0012612.dll Infected: not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.Spax.a
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP50\A0012667.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP50\A0012668.dll Infected: not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.Spax.a
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP50\A0012687.tlb Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.br
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{19F9DBBA-065C-49A6-ACB3-49A616B839B8}\RP50\A0012688.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.ci

Scan process completed.

HiJackThis:

Scan saved at 8:42:41 PM, on 12/8/2005

Running processes:

O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky...can_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab

THANKS AGAIN!

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Great nothing there thats active. Some of those are in the Norton quarantine and harmless to your computer .You should empty it from time to time. The rest can be taken care like this:

Turn off System Restore.
  • On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
  • Click Properties.
  • Click the System Restore tab.
  • Check Turn off System Restore.
  • Click Apply, and then click OK.
Reboot.

Turn ON System Restore.
  • On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
  • Click Properties.
  • Click the System Restore tab.
  • UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*.
  • Click Apply, and then click OK.
Let me Know how everything is running :tazz:

Edited by loophole, 08 December 2005 - 08:02 PM.

Advertisements

monoxide164

monoxide164

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hmmm, I right clicked the my computer icon, and clicked properties, but no system restore tab was visible..

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
:tazz: after you click properties it should be at the top left Not there?

monoxide164

monoxide164

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Nope, just general and shortcut tabs are visible...

edit: Ah, I have it now. The desktop icon did not bring it up, but by going through the start menu it did work.

Edited by monoxide164, 08 December 2005 - 08:34 PM.

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Ah I see well you should be good to go now :)

Congratulations

your system is clean :tazz:

The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people. This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.
  • Spybot Search & Destroy - Uber powerful tool which can search and annhilate nasties that make it onto your system. Now with an Immunize section that will help prevent future infections.
  • AdAware - Another very powerful tool which searches and kills nasties that infect your system. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy compliment each other very well.
  • SpywareBlaster - Great prevention tool to keep nasties from installing on your system.
  • SpywareGuard - Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.
  • IE-SpyAd - puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
  • CleanUP! - Cleans temporary files from IE and Windows, empties the recycle bin and more. Great tool to help speed up your computer and knock out those nasties that like to reside in the temp folders.
  • Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
  • Google Toolbar - Free google toolbar that allows you to use the powerful Google search engine from the bar, but also blocks pop up windows.
  • Trillian or Miranda-IM - These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein

monoxide164

monoxide164

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well, it is still loading rather slow. Should I reboot again? Or it could be because of the exceptional amount of anti-spyware softwares I have downloaded to try and rid it?

Here is a list of what I have:

HiJackThis
SpyBot: Search and Destroy
Microsoft RegClean
Ad-Aware SE
Ewido
Spyware Doctor
CleanUp!
ETrustPestPatrol (Had before this problem)
SmitRem
SpyAxeFix

Suggestions? I want to get rid of unneccessary programs. By the way, is it..fixed?