Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program Removal

• Please log in to reply

volcar

volcar

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Can anyone advise me on how to remove a program from my PC with Windows XP that does not appear in Control PaneL -> Add & Remove list of programs? All responses will be greatly appreciated. :tazz:

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Doesn't appear in Add/Remove? Never seen that before.
In the start menu, go to the file's folder. Is there a Uninstall program there?
If not, go to C:\\Program Files\*PROGRAM NAME HERE*
and look for it there.

If you can't find it (or even if you can), let me know so I can think of something else to try.

-Ryan

volcar

volcar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Thanks for the prompt response. There is no uninstall program at any of the locations you mentioned, any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
hmmm, probably should have asked this in the first post, but what is the name of the program? Almost all legitimate programs have an uninstaller somewhere. Knowing what program we are dealing with will let me research the program a little.
Also, I would like you to download HiJack This (there is a link in my signiture). After it has downloaded, please install and run it. Please include the HiJack This log in your next post.

-Ryan

volcar

volcar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
The name of the program is InnoVUE & the discription is "Desktop TIFF Image Viewer by Innomage Canada Interprise" I trust that this will help

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Sorry for the wait, I could have sworn that I had replied.

The InnoVue program is bundled with imgMAGNET. Please check to see if there is an entry for imgMAGNET, if so, removing that should also remove InnoVue.

As a side note, if imgMAGNET is there, did you install either piece of software yourself, or did they all of a sudden appear?

-Ryan

volcar

volcar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
There is no ImgMAGNET appearing anywhere on my system. When I click on Start -> All Programs what is shown is Innomage then when that is selected the following appears a) Documentation, b) FAQ, c) InnoVUE, d)Licence Agreement, e)Sample Images.
I did install the program myself; however, it was Innomage/InnoVUE that I installed & not ImgMAGNET. I am presently confused in light of the fact that you are stating that InnoVUE is bundled with ImgMAGNET where does Innomage fit into the scheme of things or is it an abbreviated name for ImgMAGNET. The plot thickens! By the way thanks for your assistance so far it's greatly appreciated

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
I googled for InnoVUE Innomage Canada and the results said that it came bundled with ImgMAGNET.

You might have already, but have you checked the Documentation and FAQ? Most of the time there will be a section on how to uninstall in there.

-Ryan

volcar

volcar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I have done that, below is a copy of the uninstall instructions taken directly from their FQA section.

How do I Uninstall the product?
1. Close all Browsers
2. Select Start->Settings->Control Panel. From the Control Panel, select Add-Remove Programs
3. Locate interneTIFF.
4. Uninstall will remove the product and the directories that were created during installation from your machine.

Has I indicated in my original post the program does not appear in Windows XP Add-Remove program hence my post soliciting help.

volcar

volcar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I have done that, below is a copy of the uninstall instructions taken directly from their FQA section.

How do I Uninstall the product?
1. Close all Browsers
2. Select Start->Settings->Control Panel. From the Control Panel, select Add-Remove Programs
3. Locate interneTIFF.
4. Uninstall will remove the product and the directories that were created during installation from your machine.

Has I indicated in my original post the program does not appear in Windows XP Add-Remove program hence my soliciting help.

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Please download HiJack This here

After you have downloaded and installed it, please scan and save the log to your desktop.

Next, click on "Config", followed by "Misc Tools".
Next, select "Open Uninstall Manager"
Click "Save List", and save the list to the desktop.

In your next post, please include the scan from HiJack This and the uninstall log.

-Ryan

volcar

volcar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
RMURPHY,
Will you kindly take a look at the following site & let me have your comments

http://www.internetiff.com

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Hmmm...this is interesting.

I looked at the site, and downloaded the program. I installed it, and then went to Add/Remove. I found it, so I'm not really sure what is causing it to be hidden on your system. I will be asking a member of the tech staff to stop by and take a look.

-Ryan

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm dl-ing the program as well...i'll let you know what i can find

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader