Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

email problems concerning pictures

• Please log in to reply

shortcake

shortcake

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
HI. I'm using earthlink on windows xp, dial up connection. I"m using earthlink's email, not outlook or anything like that. When I get an email with a picture in it, I can view the picture on my screen fine when I open it up in my inbox, but when I forward onto my friends they can't see the picture all they get where the picture is a white box with a red X in the middle of it. And when I go to my sent items the picture shows up with the white box and red x in the middle.

So I can see the picture fine when I open it up in my inbox, but I can't see it when I go to the email in my sent items, and when I my friends try to view it I get a red x where the picture should be. What can I do to fix this?

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Hello,

You can try saving the original picture you received in the email to your hard drive, then create a new message and add the picture to it, instead of just forwarding the original email. :tazz: