Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty 2 pci

• Please log in to reply

robbie california

robbie california

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Is it possible to run call of duty 2 using pci xfx geforce 6600gt ddr3? I am using 2.2 intel processor.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They dont make that card in PCI, only PCI express which is different PCI-E is the replacement for the AGP slot.

robbie california

robbie california

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Right, it is express. My son says don't waste the money because it still won't run. What do think?

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Firstly a 6600 gt will run call of duty 2.

You need to let us know if you have a agp slot, or pci slot. Clear this up with us first.

I dont think your pc would have a pci express slot because that processor you have tells me that it probably doesnt.

Let us know what you have and we can help you try and find a video card that will work.

robbie california

robbie california

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I don't have a agp. It's a pci and... I don't think it's pci slot that can handle expess cards. I had the original Call of Duty and the expan. game which ran fine. Like a fool I ran out and bought COD 2. Then my son said you don't have a vidio card that will run it, so ran out and bought agp card. Idiot! No slot. I think I've wasted my money on the game(I opened and loaded it), I got a credit on my vid/card. Sorry for wasting your time. A case of a new gamer screwing up. My son is going to look at my computer next week, if there is any hope of being able to fix this I'll contact you guys. Thanks.

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
well seeing as my freind haD a worse card than me (and i have a radeon x300 which is crap) and he couild run it fine i think it will work with that

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Pci and pci express are two totally different things. A pci express video card wont work in a regular pci slot.

Call of duty 2 supports the x300 series cards. The x300 is slow though. If its a x300se its going to be even slower.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah you get to a limit where even if it does work you arent going to want it to, sounds like you only have a PCI slot which would skupper your hopes of playing COD2 on that PC. If you are a gamer you might want a new PC some of the new games are really amazing looking on the right system.