Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error message not responding

• Please log in to reply

kakitatiegero

kakitatiegero

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz:

Hi, allow me to introduce myself i'm totally fu@#ed.

my understanding of computers is very limited and that obviously is what brings me here.
in short after several free scans , advice , and software app's and the coerscion(sp?) of a pc company's operator who will remain nameless...(99 $ for 72 hr's worth of support and no assurance of they're sucess) i surrender and admit i need help.

i play a moderately popular online game..... ultima online, which till 2 week's ago worked fine now it will not move past the log in stage displaying the message....... program not responding and any attempts to close program ie task bar , task manager short of total shutdown prove useless.

i have tried several spyware/adware/virus removers ie norton, avg ad aware, spybot (.with the latter 2 not being able to download updates freezing just as the game does )etc..w/ no headway towards resolving this issue.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!! ty.

Advertisements

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
ohkz .. if possible give a straight discription of problem what will happen when you run it .. thnx might attract any one here .. coz sorry to say you are lil bit ofline in your problem

kakitatiegero

kakitatiegero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok what happens .. is i type in my username and password and it freezes on my screen.
and then i have to shut off my computer to get it off the screen...task manager end task doesn't remove it and now i can't restart it have to actually shut off my computer by the power button.

all virus scan's don't show any problems, and my pc won't allow me to update spybot, or the ad aware programs they freeze just like the game i'm trying to play.

last night i tried using Start/Search/Restore to jump back to when it worked fine but wouldn't allow me to do that even.

and yes not to sound sarcastic i have un installed the game and re installed it....
my msn browser works, as does icq, msn messenger etc.. only ultima online, and spybot, and ad aware are freezing up.

any other q's?

i can try to explain better.... any help would be greatly apprecc ty!!!