Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how good is registry mechanic?

• Please log in to reply

dan1987

dan1987

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
i have been using registry mechanic and was wondering if it is the best thing out there to use. :tazz:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
It's no better nor worse than any other. If it does what you want, I wouldn't change. I use RegSeeker, but then I like all my stuff FREE! :tazz:

Ron

dan1987

dan1987

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
so...for example. i just did everything to clean my computer by sending in my highjack log...i scanned with the payed for version of registry mechanic and it says i have like 14 problems...i was just wondering if these should be fixed or leave them how they are since i am not experiencing any problems that i have experienced yet.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Depends what the 14 problems are, but if pc working okay, I wouldn't bother cleaning. A lot of them may be incorrect paths, files not found because app was uninstalled, etc. Just backup the Registry before you correct the problems, correct all, reboot and see if everything is still working ok. This may take some time depending on the amount of stuff you have installed to use. My little app does an autoclean, but asks me if I want to backup registry first. Some may not unless set in Preferences. Usually, the problems reported I don't bother cleaning if I have been having no problems. First time I decided to check with this type of utility, it reported over 555 problems! Kinda nervous after that, but backed up Registry before each cleaning and cleaned a little at a time only. Suffered no problems when done. :tazz:

Ron

dan1987

dan1987

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
yes it always gives the option to back up. i will try it out. it has never had a negitive effect on the computer before. i was just unsure...

dtrain

dtrain

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
[removed - spam]

Edited by admin, 17 June 2005 - 06:02 AM.