Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Im being hacked on my own network

• Please log in to reply

koryo

koryo

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
ok, im using XP on a pentium m processor with 256 MB ram

now and again im on my laptop and zonalarm comes up with "netbios attack by IP ***.***.**.4" (blanked out IP for security reasons)

however we only have 3 computers on this network going through a wireless d-link router. im in a bit of fear as to what they can do if my firewall fails (cause after the net bios attack zonealarm generates a fatal error and shuts down) is there any way i can stop this? i am able to scan his IP and ports, iv sent him net send messages warning him to stop but im a newby i dont know how to hack, i can connedt to a port and then im stuck

id prefer not to resort to hacking the hacker but i may just have to. Is there anyway i can stop this hacker from doing this to me (i cant disable net bios as i need it)

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I think you need to be looking at the security settings on that wireless router. You should have the manufacturer's manual that explains it. If not, go to D-Links web page for the information.

koryo

koryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
iv figured out what it was :tazz:

zonealarm is giving me a pain in the butt

port 355 on my laptop keeps being scanned and because of this zonealarm is telling me that something is trying to connect to that port, when in fact someone is just looking at the ip's on the network

just in case im wrong someone from my moms work (a computer programing company) has been round and has installed something on the router to stop them from connecting to anywere else but the internet gateway

sorry to have wasted your time.