Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need For Speed Most Wanted Help!

• Please log in to reply

The Infinite

The Infinite

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I just installed Need For Speed Most Wanted on my PC, but it doesn't start properly. When I asked for technical help, it said my display memory was too low (it said mine was 16, and it required 32). I don't know if this is MB or what, but can I increase the display memory in any way? Is this possible without buying a new graphics card or extra RAM? Because I didn't have any problem running Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2 on the very same computer. Help! Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
It means you have to buy a new video card with more memory. A good 256 mb card I would recommend.

The Infinite

The Infinite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

It means you have to buy a new video card with more memory. A good 256 mb card I would recommend.

Are you referring to a graphics card or RAM? If it's the former, how much would a 256MB card cost?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It really means both GFX cards have their own RAM onboard. Somewhere in the range from 50 to 80 bucks should get you a budget one that would work, it would have to be compatible, if you run a couple of bits of software, run sysspec from here http://www.alexnolan...are/sysspec.htm and just search on google for a program called CPU-Z and put the sysspec report in here and tell us what cpu.z says on the mainboard tab about your graphical interface type and speed. That way we can tell you what kind of card you can get.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Hopefully you have enough memory in your pc also. Dont try playing that game with anything less than 512 mb ram in your pc. I hope you have that much atleast. I recommend atleast 1 gb of ram for that game to play nicely and a good video card of course with 256 mb ram on the video card.

The Infinite

The Infinite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Yeah, I'll be upgrading, anyways, thanks, you guys. :tazz:

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
no problem.