Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programs won't exit.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ian Dunross

Ian Dunross

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have Windows XP SP 2 with Norton Internet Security 2005. The XP and norton installation is 11 months old. Been running fine. But for that last month or so, whenever I exit a program which had tried to access the internet, it won't die. These programs are the ones that NIS blocked from accessing the internet. So any program like MS onenote, maketorrent, even firefox, if it was blocked access to internet and I exit it, it says in the process list occupying memory. It will disappear from the desktop, but stay in the process list. It is driving me crazy. I can't figure out what is wrong. And I can't kill it. I tried programs like Process Explorer, but it just won't die.
Any ideas about what's going on?

Advertisements

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Duplicate post - http://www.geekstogo...96