Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help - graphic card not working

• Please log in to reply

fab54

fab54

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi!

I have a Sapphire Raddeon 9800 Pro graphic card. This morning, because the fan was making a terrible noise, I decided to install the ATI silencer 1 rev. 2. To take out the old fan, I had to force it a little bit :-(
After plugging in the card with the ATI silencer, I turned on the computer and the image was all distorted, with blue vertical stripes across the screen.
I decided to re-install the driver of the graphic card. Big mistake!! After that, when I turned on the computer, I could see the Windows XP screen (which was still slightly distorted) and then after that - nothing. The screen was black.

I thought that I had damaged my graphic card, so I decided to use the old one (Integrated Intel graphics card), but it was exactly the same as with the old one - a black screen.

What can I do? Have I completely wrecked my computer? If anyone can help, I would REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks!!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Did you use any anti static precautions whe you worked inside the system.