Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow loading website

• Please log in to reply

Maisie12

Maisie12

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi all!
I have this website that loads so slow it take 1/2 to 1 hour to load. It never times out.
It's Adobe Studio Exchange. It's the only website that does this.
I have cleared all internet files, and just about anything else I can find to speed it up.
No one else is having this problem, but me. Everyone whom I have asked to go to the site, say they have no problem.
It's driving me nuts! It's getting to the point now I just want to be able to load this site with no problems, forget about what I was going there for originally.
I have cable modem and run Windows XP
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Maisie

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks To Go!

Let's see if you have an infection.

Go to Trend Micro's Online Scanner and have your computer scanned by them. Disinfect or delete whatever junk Trend Micro finds. If Trend Micro finds any junk (other than cookies), restart your computer and see if your problem is resolved. If Trend Micro finds junk, let me know, even if your problem is solved. I always like to know the results. :tazz:

Maisie12

Maisie12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi! I tried to run Trends online Micro Scanner, but it said I didn't have Java enabled or maybe installed. So I installed Java again. Because I know I have it installed, and the same message still comes up.
So I can't even run the scanner. What should I do?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Are you using interent explorer to connect to trend micro it doesnt like other browsers.

Maisie12

Maisie12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I used Mozilla and it ran over night. Took 10 and 1/2 hours.
My computer is clean! Wha Hoo for that! I have 3 different spyware programs. So what can we do now?
Thanks in advance for all the help!

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
clear out your internet cache and cookies. Have you defragmented in a while?

And have you tried any other browsers to see if the problem persists?

Maisie12

Maisie12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have cleared out all the internet files and defraged the harddrive. I tried Mozilla and it still loads slow. My son tried it on his computer, in a different room, and that is slow in loading. But I tried it at my daughter's house and it loaded quickly. My son and I are sharing the internet connection through a wireless router. But it was slow loading before I set up the router.
It's really mystifiing. It's the only slow loading site that I try to visit.

Maisie12

Maisie12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I guess no one can help me on this.
Because I have another web site that is doing the same thing.
Just slow loading. then after it finally loads and I click on a link, I have to wait another half hour or so.
Very frustrating.
Maisie