Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

window within a window

• Please log in to reply

jerry1967

jerry1967

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
when i click on a window within a window the secound window comes out small- what is wrong with it?

Edited by jerry1967, 09 December 2005 - 08:40 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Not sure I'm understanding you. Can you be a little more specific. Like what kind of window?

jerry1967

jerry1967

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
when i open a baby window it opens minimize-how do i correct this?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Sorry, I still don't understand.

You can open a folder, a document, a picture file. You can launch a program via a shortcut. I have no idea what a "baby" window is!

You need to specify what exactly you are trying to open. For example, if I were trying to open internet explorer, that's what I would say I was trying to open. If I was trying to launch Microsoft word, then I would I was trying to launch Microsoft word.

But when you tell me you're trying to open a "baby" window, I have no idea what that applies to.

Sorry. :tazz:

jerry1967

jerry1967

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
i
am opening yahoo dsl. it does not happen when i open internet explorer.i when i first open yahoo everthing is ok but when i go to some other site it is not maxi

Edited by jerry1967, 09 December 2005 - 10:33 PM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Ok,

Let me try to understand this a little better.

When you open yahoo, the window is maximized... correct?

But when you click on a link and a new window opens, then the new window is smaller? Is that the problem?

Edited by makai, 09 December 2005 - 10:41 PM.

jerry1967

jerry1967

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
yes exactly- but not in internet exployer

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The Yahoo dsl browser is based on Internet Explorer. This means that the browser also has the same limitations as IE.

As far as I know... IE cannot be set up to maximize links when it opens a new window... and neither can the Yahoo dsl browser since it's based on IE. (someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

The best you can do is to enlarge the screen to where it is "almost" maximized. Here is a quick way to do it in IE. You can try it with the Yahoo browser to see if it works the same way.

Close all internet windows and any other window you have open
Now open your yahoo browser.
Next, click on a link which will open a small window
Now close the first yahoo browser window you opened, but leave the small window open

Go down to the taskbar and right-click on a blank area. A menu will show up. In the menu, select "Tile windows Horizontally".

The small window should open up to a size that is "almost" maximized.

This is the best you can do while using IE or Yahoo because of the limitations built into the browser.

Now, close all internet windows, reopen your Yahoo browser, and click on a link. The link window should open "almost" maximized.

Hope that helps.

Edited by makai, 09 December 2005 - 11:27 PM.