Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anykeeper Surveillance Software

• Please log in to reply

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
hi,

recently i purchased a diy (do it yourself) surveillancekit titled "Anykeeper 2016". I've had a little trouble installing this item but because the company that i purchased it from are based in china, i got very little tech support or it didnt feel like they understood what i was asking and so ive pretty much been on my own.

I have gotten as far as getting the software up and running, however on the control screen all the cameras are displayed as black and white. on the tv out the camera is displayed in color.

ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it doesnt work. For a brief period of time on the first time i installed it, the software was working fine and everything appeared in color. But i tampered with almost every aspect of the software and i dont recall anything that converted the software from color to black and white.

So if anyone is familiar with this software or would know how to get the software to display in color again i would greatly appreciate your help.

THanks
Kalian

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could uninstall it then re-install and let it use default set up

Contact these and ask as pre-sales

http://www.jenellete...ontact Form.htm

Kalian

Kalian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
yea i tried uninstalling it, and then deleting whatever the uninstall manager didnt get rid of (like saved settings, etc) but that didnt help at all.

when i reinstalled it went right back to black and white.
so yea im kind of stump on this one.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I would take it up with jenelletech, there is also a list of other dealers there

Kalian

Kalian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
hey keith
i wanted to delete all the registry files for the software... i'm thinking if i uninstall it, and delete all the registry files that are associated with it, and then do a clean reinstall, then maybe when i reinstall it, it will work (like it did the first time).

and if thats the case. i was hoping if you would do the honors (if you didnt mind ^_^)of directing me on a registry file software cleaner, or telling me at least the do's and dont's when playing with regedit and how to completely rid of all registry files that came with it or preferably both.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use CCleaner and Tune Up

http://www.filehippo...nload_ccleaner/

It is important that when scan for issues is run, you take the option to make a back up before removing anything, you should also run the scan until it shows no issues

This is the link for tune up, along with suggestions for making the most of the free trial

Get the trial of Tune Up 2006 here

Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which needs a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

These will do anything you need to do to the registry

CCleaner has tools to uninstall, tune up has an uninstaller

CCleaner is free and if you click options then settings, you can tick the box for it to run the cleaner when windows loads

Kalian

Kalian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
hey keith do i have to be online to run either of these? because on the particular computer that i have my surveillance software setup on, i dont have internet connected to it because it's only purpose is for business surveillance purposes.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Not to run them. Download them to any PC, save to disc then load them onto the other PC

Kalian

Kalian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
hi keith,
by running all these registry cleaning programs, would this also include deleting files that are related to the software program that i uninstalled?

Kalian

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you load them then uninstall the unwanted software, they will remove all the registry entries for it, you will get a list from both, so you can see what will be removed

Pootrid

Pootrid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Kalian,

I also have a card like yours. Its a WDT 2016. What version of software are you using?

Regards

Trent