Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

windows xp sp2

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
my computer has the following properties:
MB/Asus P4P800
Processor intel. pent. 2800
RAM 256 MB
VGA 128 ATI Asus
HD 80 GB
I install windows XP sp1 since long time ago and is working good,Now i tried to install window xp sp2 . The problem is i cant install sp2 ,the installation stops when the computer repot and the logo screen appears and the progress bar of the windows start after awhile stops and freeze the progress bar.
any body have solutiob to my problem, please replay.

Tim Wellman

Tim Wellman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
It sounds like it's getting to the place where it starts searching for installed devices, and freezes there. Make sure you have all your USB devices disconnected and try it again, then when XP is loaded, you can reinstall each item one at a time. It may also be installed cards you have (like added USB ports or tv tuner card, etc). Also, if you are connected to dsl or a cable modem, disconnect your computer from that on first bootup

There is one note, make sure your original XP is properly registered with MS... because the SP2 update won't work otherwise.

Let us know if this helped, if not, we'll try again :-)

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo Yakeen,

Read this post and sumit a log in the Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here form. Some spyware will not allow you to install Service Pack 2. Hope that this helps.