Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 Crashing

• Please log in to reply

oimi

oimi

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I tried out these settings, but there was no change, still crashes to the desktop at 62%.

Advertisements

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Ok so you have unistalled everything having to do with BF2 all files ect...
You have uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers...
Your patches are in order and most current...
Your sound is good working and set the way it should be....
Is your virtual mem set up right under paging file?..(Shot in Dark) Perhaps a System Restore to the point of it working then try again....don't recommend really.

http://www.bf2lag.com/top5tips.html

:whistling: Look at this link as well maybe something can surface here for ya. :blink:

oimi

oimi

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Paging file size is 1152MB (on Drive C). Game is installed on Drive F (Partition), not manually set up a paging file for this drive.

Edited by oimi, 07 January 2007 - 05:48 PM.

oimi

oimi

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Nice link, have changed some settings and will see if this has improved the situation.

oimi

oimi

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
After a reboot and reconfiguration/installation of Forceware Drivers, there has been no change.

Edited by oimi, 08 January 2007 - 02:26 AM.

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
you need to install the full 1,3 patch and then you might need to reinstall the full 1.4 patch . you dont need to uninstall any thing just reaply the patches . i believe you can get the full patch at gamers [bleep] or somthing like that. it worked for me

oimi

oimi

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you, I will also try this.