Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Sound Cutting Out

• Please log in to reply

browngj

browngj

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,
I am having some problems with my computer. The sound keeps cutting out. This happens often if I am listening to music and running a game or other program, but recently when I have been watching films in WMP it has cut out as well. The sound is cut out completely not just in WMP though.

Can anyone help??

Thanks Gareth

Advertisement

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Re-install the soundcard drivers or look for updated drivers

If no change, you can go to add / remove, uninstall media player which will roll back to the previous version, see how this plays, and then re-install media player

browngj

browngj

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Excuse my ignorance but could you explain how to do this?

in my devise manager i have under sounds

Audio Codec's
Realtek AC'97 audio
Legacy Audio Drivers

Which one would i be looking to update??

Thanks

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
*Whoops sorry about stepping in Keith, thought it was one of mine

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 10 December 2005 - 01:09 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Realtek AC97 Audio

browngj

browngj

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i uninstalled it then restarted and detected it, but not much else happened. i am just downloading the update drivers,

browngj

browngj

• Pip
  • 5 posts
just to let you know. i have installed the updates but it will be hard to tell if they have worked or not, because the effect is irregular. so hopefully i will not need to ask for more advise, but thanks guys

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for the update

You could look at using other players to check it as well

Winamp has a large number of radio stations if you click file, radio stations then scroll down to click shoutcast radio, set the speed of your connection then look for the different types of stations

http://www.filehippo...are/multimedia/

browngj

browngj

• Pip
  • 5 posts

You could look at using other players to check it as well

Winamp has a large number of radio stations if you click file, radio stations then scroll down to click shoutcast radio, set the speed of your connection then look for the different types of stations

http://www.filehippo...are/multimedia/

sorry not quite getting what you are saying there. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you install Winamp, which isn't essential, then you would have another player to check the sound problem. If it happens with more than one player then you can concentrate on the audio drivers etc

Advertisement