Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dial-Up

• Please log in to reply

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts
I wanted to ask if somebody know, how can I set Dial-Up to start automaticly dialing on startup?

Advertisements

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts
Anybody?

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
ok
if you go to tools then go to internet options click on connections, now select the internet conncection you are using and push always dial my default connection.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could in theory...(not sure if this would work.) try putting a copy of the connection into the startup folder...like i said...just a theory..never tried it....why would you want a dialup connection to automatically connect on startup? that's gonna drastically slow down your startup times

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts

if you go to tools then go to internet options click on connections, now select the internet conncection you are using and push always dial my default connection.

This will only help to start the dial-up app. when I start iexplore, not auto dial..

try putting a copy of the connection into the startup folder

This will not work, because it will only start the dial-up app., but it will not auto dial..

why would you want a dialup connection to automatically connect on startup?

Because I want when I start my computer everything to be set up..

that's gonna drastically slow down your startup times

No, it will not, it's just a dial-up, it's not a heavy program..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had this option in win 98 where it was a checkbox called something like 'automatic dial', and if you check that box it will auto connect if you start the dial-up application, so I know that I have the same (old one) in XP, but I don't know where to find it..

Edited by Antartic-Boy, 14 December 2005 - 12:35 PM.