Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winhound, Computer is messed up

• Please log in to reply

msallisonmcarr

msallisonmcarr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, Im not that excellant with computers, but I can work on them, follow instructions and am pretty literate. I have a laptop I was browsing some site, I cant remember what and all of a sudden I got a little bubble in the section over by where the time is that told me my pc was infected. Then my desktop turned black and said i had syware and had a link to click to remove it. I had just bought the laptop so I didnt have anti virus or anything on it. I tried running Microsofts Anti spyware and then I rebooted. Now all my options like the start menu and icons and EVERYTHING is missing off my desktop so I cant do anything at all. The error that comes says "this application has failed to start because WININET.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. The only way I am able to get anything on the screen is by pushing control alt delete but again there still are no start menu or anything on my screen except for my desktop picture. The proccess running are
slserv.exe
npfmntor.exe
spoolsv.exe
spbbcsvc.exe
ccevtmgr.exe
ccsetmgr.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
lsass.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
taskmgr.exe
smss.exe
system
system idle process

Please please help me if you can. I also tried rebooting in safe mode but there are no options or buttons there either.

Advertisements