Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

You know you're a geek when...

• Please log in to reply

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Stolen from Jeff Foxworthy with those stupid redneck jokes, I made this.

Lets see how many we can come up with before we start repeating ourselves.

#1: You know when you're a geek when you buy soap and shampoo online.

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
#2: When you're not mad when somebody calls you one (Edit: a geek).

Edited by Pi rules, 10 December 2005 - 01:57 PM.

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
#3: Instead of going to a party/date/bar on a friday night you play on your computer

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Addendum to #3 - Or your married :)

#4 You know your a geek if you get turned on by a girl carrying a router.

ScHwErV :tazz:

John_L

John_L

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
You look out the window of a moving car and look at the scenery and see your default xp screen :tazz:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
1. You know you are a geek when you have a box of "spare parts", cords, cables. adapters, vid cards and modems etc and you can almost always find what you need in that box.

2. You know you are a geek when you don't leave the house without a small screwdriver and your flash drive in your pocket or purse.

3. You know you are a geek when you painstakingly unplug everything from the back of your tower, sort the cords neatly, plug it all back in and it's the same rat's nest it was when you started.

4. You know you are a geek when you have a back up dial up account in case your broadband service is offline.

5. You know you are a geek when you don't call it "naptime", you tell the kids they need rebooted.

6. You know you are a geek when you know eight different ways to perform the exact same task in XP.

7. You know you are a geek when you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, and check your email.

8. You know you are a geek when you can recognize your own IP address.

9. You know you are a geek when you can picture the layout of a motherboard in your head, but can't find your car keys.

10. You know you are a geek when ANYONE you are even remotely acquainted with has a computer problem, your phone rings, or you get 7 frantic emails in a row.

Johanna

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts
#16 You know you are a geek when you sleep on the keyboard

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
#17 You know you're a geek when you get a rush of adrenaline when one of your cleaning programs notifies you of an available update.

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
#18 - You know you are a Geek when you get outside and talk with your girfriend how you passed Practice Log-#6

#19 - You know you are a Geek when you carry on glasses because of computer!

~Dr. Gutstein~

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
#20. you know your a geek if you take the a book covering the most recent coding language to the bathroom with you to read.

#21 you you know your a geek if you get worked up over a new Motherboard

#22 you know your a geek if you idea of a romantic evening with your wife/husband consists of you both getting together in a private chat room.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
#24 you know your a geek when you read this thread and come to the realisation that you do all those things.

#25 you know you are a computer geek when you can get excited about the latest core type from AMD.

#26 you know you are a geek when you get the shakes if you havent visited your favourite tech support site in over a day.

#27 you know you are a geek when you start refering to your PC as a person, calling it "ma baby" or "ma darlin" and take fits of rage whenever anyone but yourself uses it without prior written permission in triplicate signed and dated by yourself and two witnesses.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts

and take fits of rage whenever anyone but yourself uses it without prior written permission in triplicate signed and dated by yourself and two witnesses.

Ummm, you give permission for someone to even breathe on your personal computer? Touch the keyboard? Nah, you're not a real geek. :tazz:

Johanna

violators will be shot

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
#28 You know you're a Geek when you rent your favorite DVD movie (online of course), but you would much rather watch it on your 19" flat panel than on the 27" TV in the living room..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
NO of course not, no one has asked for permission yet, i think they know its pointless, although i think they sneak in when im away. Only solution i can find is carrying the mouse with me and plugging in an old apple keyboard, lets see them log on without a delete key. Of course they dont get near my actual keyboard, that has its own special hiding place.

If only i could get a nuclear powered death drone to keep watch, but i can only dream, PC security isnt all anti viruses you know. Sentry gun and fingerprint scanner are my next case mods. hehheheheh. Its going to have to be a BB gun with poison dipped pellets we arent allowed real guns off the range in the UK it sucks how do they think i can defend ma baby.

Watching things on TVs , what a laugh, my lovely monitor going unused never.

Edited by warriorscot, 11 December 2005 - 12:18 PM.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
#29: You know you are a geek when you can understand all the computer Foxtrot comics.

Good ones guys. :tazz:

Edited by Comrade General, 11 December 2005 - 12:28 PM.