Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

You know you're a geek when...

• Please log in to reply

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Warriorscot:
I recommend a large loyal dog (particularly a Rotteweiler) to lay under your desk. The bonus is that in the winter, he is useful for keeping your feet warm.
Johanna
looking for deathrays on NewEgg...

Advertisements

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Lol Johanna

#30: You know you are a geek when you say I am going to check up on my mother, and you really mean your motherboard.

Edited by Comrade General, 11 December 2005 - 12:34 PM.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
#31. You miss your computer and any tech. support forums while at work. (if you don't work with computers like me).

I meet quite a few of these.

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
You know you are a Geek when you play World of Warcraft from 3 PM to 9 PM weekdays and 11 AM to 4 AM Friday & Saturday. Yeah, I'm a geek

Edited by yesiammanu, 11 December 2005 - 10:41 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

4. You know you are a geek when you have a back up dial up account in case your broadband service is offline.

errrm. What does it make me that I have a back up dial up account in case my primary dial up dies? :tazz: :)

Yeah...I really do have two..just in case.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
#33. When you are inside writing a program for fun while your brothers (or any relatives) are watching football.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
#34. You can navigate your bios menu with your eyes shut.

WoW playing doesnt make you a geek, it just means you have way to much free time.

Ive got a dog but its a wimpy one it likes everyone so that doesnt do me anygood.

Although the apple mac keyboard is great way to keep it secure, you can actually watch peoples head near explosion when they read "Press Ctrl Alt Delete to begin". Ive seen some people actually spend a half hour looking for a delete key, call in the person next door, then the person across the corridor, oh its hilarious when done properly, trick is to let people see you using it so they figure there must be a way to do it, them not noticing the standard keyboard tucked down the side of the desk. The mac keyboard trick was the only useful thing i learned from high school computing, ah the days spent correcting the teachers mistakes and laughing at "recent" text books.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
#35: When you use the same avatar as I do :tazz:

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
#36. you know your a geek when your computer desk doubles as your dinner table.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you know you're a geek when.....

communicating in bianary is easier than speaking english
you speak klingon
you have a unix wizard t-shirt
your bumper sticker says "my other ride is a T1"
you have ever caught yourself saying "LOL"
your sollution to anything is "turn it off and turn it back on...see if it POSTs"
you have a reverse trucker's tan (the skin under your shirt is darker than your arms and face)
you've ever tried to "defrag" your car's ECM

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
dsenette:
You made me laugh just now. I drive an old Oldsmobile, and sometimes the interior lights won't shut off. (It's not a faulty door switch) so I have to open the hood, disconnect the battery, wait a minute, reconnect and then reset the clock inside...in effect, "reboot" the car to reset the computer (like clearing CMOS) so that the electrical system works properly again.

Kat: What do you do when the tel line is dead? Do you have a cell phone adapter?

My husband came home one day all excited about some remote mountain property for sale. No running water, no electricity, no phone, we can make our own soap, shoot our own meat and cut our own wood. Then he added "I'll hook up a generator so that you can get on the internet, and we'll get a satellite!" Whew! I was fine with "roughing it" until I remembered the "offline" part....LOL

Johanna

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol, numerous times i have stopped myself before actually saying lol in public.

Ive managed to stop myself from learning sci fi languages for the most part(obviously i know a few klingon phrases who doesnt), elvish, dwarvish, numenorean and rohirim also had to avoid learning but i did pick upa little after like the 14th time of reading the lord of the rings.

Being off line never, i have a 1gig usb pen full of all i need to get any computer anywhere up and going online. (hidden away among the various utilities and apps is all the work for uni the pen is really for.

which leads to
#39 never leave the home without at least a usb pen preferably a laptop or other mobile computing device to connect to the net from anywhere.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you know you're a geek when you can successfully emulate and interperet a modem tone and succesfully initiate an internet connection using nothing but your phone and your vocal cords

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
See no matter how much i try i cant get that to work, i tried to do that thing from terminator 3 on my mobile as well to no avail , i know it must be possible.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.joke-arch...eageekwhen.html

-you know what a fork bomb is and how to execute one
-you refer to your children as "child processes"
-can't figure out why the mailer daemon who comes to your house always drives that crazy white jeep with the steering wheel on the wrong side