Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

You know you're a geek when...

• Please log in to reply

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
107 - You know you're a geek when you're in a local pub/bar and someone comes up to you to ask a computer question.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 09 December 2006 - 06:16 AM.

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
108 - When you spend free time talking to the school network admin.

109 - When your classmates are playing calculator games you are programming on it.

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
110 - When you say LOL , ROFL while laughing

Edited by officialblueboys, 09 December 2006 - 02:30 AM.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Wow, I never expected this topic to last this long. B)

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
#111 When you spend your birthday programing

#112 Every family member yells your name on the slightest computer problem.

#113 you love regular expressions.

([0-9A-Za-z_# \. :,\n\r\t|=/>*+~()?\'\'""^\[\]-]*)({)\W*([0-9A-Za-z:;%\.\'\'""()#-]*)\W*(}) :whistling:

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
108- You know you are a geek when you become excited after cleaning your closet and finding an old MS-DOS book that came with your win 3.1 box.

109- You know you are a geek when you consider "keeping in touch" to be communication via the internet.

110- You know you are a geek when you started to tell all of your friends about the spell checker on FF2 in a fit of euphoria.

111- You know you are a geek when you no longer use your CD's to listen to music... after all, that is what your computer is in your room for!

112- You know you are a geek when you spent over 30 minutes reading this entire thread and laughing your butt off the entire time...never mind helping to try to reserect it. :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

108- You know you are a geek when you become excited after cleaning your closet and finding an old MS-DOS book that came with your win 3.1 box.

109- You know you are a geek when you consider "keeping in touch" to be communication via the internet.

110- You know you are a geek when you started to tell all of your friends about the spell checker on FF2 in a fit of euphoria.

111- You know you are a geek when you no longer use your CD's to listen to music... after all, that is what your computer is in your room for!

112- You know you are a geek when you spent over 30 minutes reading this entire thread and laughing your butt off the entire time...never mind helping to try to reserect it. :whistling:

*sari thinks that the spellchecker in FF2 didn't work very well - the word is resurrect :blink:

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

*sari thinks that the spellchecker in FF2 didn't work very well - the word is resurrect :whistling:

haha! Yeah, I never said I really paid any attention to it :blink:

113- You are a geek when you pick up on spelling errors on a forum...

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

*sari thinks that the spellchecker in FF2 didn't work very well - the word is resurrect :blink:

haha! Yeah, I never said I really paid any attention to it :help:

113- You are a geek when you pick up on spelling errors on a forum...

OWNED. :whistling:

114 - You're a geek when you show off how big your hard drive is.. (prolly been done, meh)

Edited by Comrade General, 03 January 2007 - 07:16 AM.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts

114 - You're a geek when you show off how big your hard drive is.. (prolly been done, meh)

Only someone that likes to think they are a geek do that. So what you spent a whole pile of money to buy disk space your never going to use. Any one with a big pocket can do that. I would be more interested in your RAM or processor speed.

Advertisements

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
115- When you get genuinely offended because something listed here is not a TRUE characteristic of a geek. (yes me too, not just michael)

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts

115- When you get genuinely offended because something listed here is not a TRUE characteristic of a geek. (yes me too, not just michael)

:whistling:

simon_shaft

simon_shaft

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Number 105, 106 and 112 suits me a LOT...

Btw,
#116- You're a geek when you are usually a thrifty person and when you entered a (cheap) computer hardware shop, you spend as if you were the owner of Microsoft.

simon_shaft

simon_shaft

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Oh, and one more thing

#117- You are surely a geek when you can read this topic without even yawning, and instead reading it with your fullest attention.